Summer in Seoul at Hanyang University~!

on Sunday, March 18, 2012

I've been back in the States for almost 8 months now, and I really miss Korea... So I decided to apply for Hanyang International Summer School in Seoul, Korea!

Last time, I was in Korea for the TaLK program, I'd planned on keeping this blog updated but it didn't work out. This time, I will try harder to make updates at least once a week from the time I get there. Once again, a reason I'll be blogging about my Hanyang adventures is that I couldn't find many blogs about it online.

I'm not worried about getting in because a professor from our school is doing the faculty-led program, where he brings a group of us over and we get an awesome discount (half price tuition and free housing)!

But, hopefully the financials will pan out. So far, it looks like I'll be good for summer, but right now things like buying a plane ticket, paying all the rent so I can finish the lease, and just utilities and such or stressing me out because I haven't had a job since December and of course my financial aid is running out :/ My plan is to pay rent through the end of school at least (May) and buy the plane ticket. This way if everything else goes to hell, I'll still be going to Seoul for the summer and not be homeless during finals muahahaha. But I'm sure things will work out. I just have to keep my head up and believe.

Anyway, the program seems like it's pretty fun and well-rounded. You can take 2 or 3 classes and there are lots of field trips planned, including ones to Everland (an amusement park I've visited once before), a mud festival, and even a Korean traditional village. And I'm so excited because this year my birthday will fall on a Wednesday!-- And there's no classes on Wednesday! Yay~.

I have a tentative plan that I'll go to Lotte World on my birthday with some friends. And I'm also thinking a 1-2 day backpacking trip to Japan on that weekend. Since classes will end at 7 on Friday (if I decide to take 3), I've been contemplating whether I should leave on Friday night and get to Japan late enough that there will only be enough time to party it up, or if I should just leave on Saturday morning. I'd like to take in some sights, maybe do some window shopping, and of course get a taste of Tokyo nightlife. I'm thinking Shibuya and Roppongi. Then sleeping at a cheap hostel or even better, a sauna/bathhouse! That would be so cheap and fun. I'm all about budget here. But right now, that is just a possibility I'm turning over in my head... I've been trying to find stuff about saunas online, but it's been difficult. Maybe there aren't the same kind in Japan as in Korea- for $10-15, you can get a little pajama set, you can take a shower, soak in the tubs of hot and cold water, and then mingle in the co-ed area watching tv, eat some boiled eggs, and sleep.... I'm looking for something like that.

Anyway I'm just letting the world know that I'm planning on being a Hanyang university student for the summer! Click here for more information about their international summer school and, and maybe I'll see you there~! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment